e3i engineers is currently seeking a full-time CAD/Revit Designer to complement our growing engineering team in the Boston office.
The CAD/Revit Designer’s responsibilities include setting up new projects as well as updating existing current projects. Other duties will include general CAD and Revit drafting exercises for the development of construction documents based on written and verbal instructions from designers and senior engineers.
- Set up of new projects that are received from our clients, according to e3i CAD/Revit Standards.
- This process includes the manipulation of the client’s files, creating title blocks as well as attributes and sheet files for various disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Telecommunications, Audiovisual, Security, Fire Protection and Plumbing.
- Updating existing projects with new files that we receive from our clients.
- Managing Revit/BIM models through all phases of project design.
- Creating plans, sections, elevations from a Revit model.
- Plotting and collating drawings, plotting drawings to PDF for document deliverables.
- Assisting in creating and implementing CAD and Revit standards.
- Working with designers and engineers to produce plans from markups and verbal direction in accordance with e3i drafting standards.
- Managing large sheets sets, markups and revisions for each project.
- Interact with clients and consultants to coordinate model or document exchanges and delivery.
- Formal training or a minimum of 2 years of experience with AutoCAD MEP and Revit.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service.
- Prior work experience in consulting engineering field preferred.
It’s important that the ideal candidate fit in with the e3i culture, which includes relating well to clients, design professionals, contractors and most importantly their coworkers.
About our Firm
e3i Engineers specializes in all aspects of electrical, mechanical and telecommunication engineering services. Our passionate team provides focused services to mission critical, healthcare, higher education, and corporate clientele, for technically complex projects. Our firm focuses on the relationship and the needs of the Client, by understanding that we can better identify the best solution suited for that project and client. We have had the opportunity to provide engineering services all around the world including United Kingdom and South America and continue to expand.